HybridZ

Autometer comes through!!!

BLKMGK

Sweet, got home today and there was a package from Autometer with my LCD speedometer in it. Opened it up and the box inside had ASAP all over it - seems they hustled just a bit for me.

Brief history: I wanted a speedo with the nice LCD tripodometer on it like they had in the carbon fiber series. Trouble was I didn't want those gauges with silver needles. After agonizing and speaking to an Autometer tech I went with the Phantoms - they felt these were easiest to see. I had originally wanted their new EL series of gauges which is what started this but those aren't being manufactured. Anyway, there's no LCD in the Phantom series but the tech told me to wait till Jan 1st - they were upgrading the line. Sure enough come Jan 1st the WEB site had the new numbers icon_smile.gif Ordered one from Jeg's middle of last month making sure the numbers were right. Surprise, it showed up with a mechanical odo - boo! Shot an E-mail to Autometer asking them about it, was advised to send my box striahgt to them rather than Jeg's and they woudl take care of it. They received it on the 30th of last month, a few days ago I shot them a note asking status. Seems the product line hadn't actually cranked up on this until the 13th of this month and I was one of the 1st in line for the new speedos icon_biggrin.gif Today it arrived in fine shape - woohoo!

Yeah, might have been nice if Jeg's had had the new stock and all but it was sure nice of the Autometer guy not to run me around - they took care of this no charge to me except shipping out. Autometer tech was friendly and helpful, very nice service!

Pics are up! Look in my photo gallery then under the Gauge install stuff for pics of the whole setup. I'm thinking that maybe flat black caulk rather than shiny silicone would work better. It's not real visible without a darned flash highlighting it but it still BUGS me! icon_biggrin.gif

0.7C?OpenElement&FieldElemFormat=jpg

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: BLKMGK ]

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I think they're converting over. They MIGHT still carry the old analog type too but it does look like they're going modern on us icon_smile.gif

Honestly, the LCD isn't that bad. It's backlighted all the time and looks pretty good I think. I've tried to take a picture of it but have not had much luck icon_sad.gif