HybridZ

Help with finalizing my swap just a few more.

7MGFORCE

Okay so here's the stuff I need help with.

1. With 1 wire alternator with the only connection for possitive being alternator battery and starter how does the chassis wiring get possitive charge?

2. The stock wires for the dizzy only have two wires the 5.0 motor has 3 wires. What do I do here?

3. How did you guys do the coil set up?

When you use the 1 wire alternator with a ford the 8 guage wire from the alternator goes to the side of the soleniod switch that foes to the battery cable NOT ste starter cable. Make sure you run at least a 10 guage ground wire to a good ground, not to the engine, unless the engine is directly grounded to the battery. Cant help with dizzing problem, i went with HEI style distributor

When you use the 1 wire alternator with a ford the 8 guage wire from the alternator goes to the side of the soleniod switch that foes to the battery cable NOT ste starter cable. Make sure you run at least a 10 guage ground wire to a good ground, not to the engine, unless the engine is directly grounded to the battery. Cant help with dizzing problem, i went with HEI style distributor

Solenoid switch? Where do I get those? I

Well if you are using a ford starter there is a 3 or 4 pole switch that mounts on fender or firewall, it has 2 large and either 1 or 2 small terminals. 1 larger terminal goes to the battery, 1 to the starter and one of the smaller terminals marked "I" to the key switch to engage starter.

[/b]:;"]2303460864658080_1.jpg [/b]:;"]2903253078948080_1.jpg

okay so the battery alt and starter connect to this switch and the key switch to "I".

And I plan on grounding the engine directly with the firewall so hopefully I don't have ground issues.

But still didn't answer my original question. How will the rest of the chassis get a possitive lead when it seems like the possitive is only connected to bat alt and starter? Do I have to connect something else or am I not understanding how things work?

there might be some terminals that will also hook to the positive terminal, like fan relays and other stuff, the key switch inside the car also turns on power to the relays, to engage them, all my fan and other relays are hot continiously by using the battery wire, the key switch sends 12 volts during "run" to the relays, the ground side of my relays are controlled by sending units mounted on tha oil temp, trans temp, and water temp fittings, all ther things for the car are controlled by the key switch within the original car wiring, fuel pumps, lights, wipers, gauges, etc.

there might be some terminals that will also hook to the positive terminal, like fan relays and other stuff, the key switch inside the car also turns on power to the relays, to engage them, all my fan and other relays are hot continiously by using the battery wire, the key switch sends 12 volts during "run" to the relays, the ground side of my relays are controlled by sending units mounted on tha oil temp, trans temp, and water temp fittings, all ther things for the car are controlled by the key switch within the original car wiring, fuel pumps, lights, wipers, gauges, etc.

Yes I do I understand that but what wire did you use from the original harness so the chassis has a + charge? Can I just connect the orignal + wire that used to go to alterternator and connect it to where the alternator connects to the switch.

I tied the original 8 ga white wire that runs from the alternator to the datsun starter back into the battery terminal on my solenoid. 1 to solenoid and the other end onto the charging post on alternator. kept the factory fusable link blocks on the datsun intact, just relocated all the wiring, including my voltage regulator, 12V distribution block, and fusable links to the spot where the battery used to go, but you wont have a voltage regulator. so i dont know what you will have to do with the datsuns volt reg wiring. I put 3 terminal blocks there too, 1 is for when key is on and the other is 12V continously, the last one is a ground block for anything else i might have. My battery is located in a box behind the passenger seat.