HybridZ

my new toys

VinhZXT

Got a couple of new toys last week. This is a 16' Starcraft aluminum boat with a 40HP Mercury motor. I just took it out to the river today and it ran good.

boat1.jpg

and this

batmobile5.jpg

batmobile8.jpg

This kit is sitting on an old corvette frame. It would be nice if I can fit it on a Z. This kit is all fiberglass and there is no support on the roof. So it is illegal to drive it the way it is. If I can fit it on a Z it should be OK. I don't know I will ever have time to work on this thing. So I am thinking of selling it. Let me know if someone interest in buying this kit and put it on a Z.

Vinh, I'm not into boats, but that Kellison kit car looks sweet! I think you should should keep it, paint it, polish it, then sell it. Those are rather rare and I think are one of the few kits that really look good in their design. Props!

Davy

Randy,

Boat is new to me. I will definitely PM you about the boat motor. This thing has a 2 strokes 40 HP. Eventually I want a little more HP and a 4 strokes. But for now it will be good enough. I will definitely PM you to get more info about the boat motor.

This is a very nice kit. However there is no room for the floor. I am 5'5" and I sat on the floor without the seats and my head is almost touches the roof. I have too many projects so I think this kit car has to go very soon. The boat is now sitting in the parking spot for my topless ZX. So the topless ZX has to go to a dirty garage to sit. I am thinking of selling the topless too since I will be spending more time on the boat.

Davy,

Do you have any more info on this body kit? I would like to find out more info on it before putting it on Ebay.

Johnny,

Yes it's a daytona coupe kit but not the FF Cobra. I have 3 of them in this same garage.

Davy,

Do you have any more info on this body kit? I would like to find out more info on it before putting it on Ebay.

http://www.kellisoncars.com/

b1e5.jpg

1174.jpg

The Kellison link above is about the most complete you will find--there is a ton of information on there, including history. Your car looks like it is one of the "middle" cars. Very very cool.

Davy

Vinh, they made these kits in the late 1950's to very early 1960's. On the Kellison site link I sent you, there is at least one or more made into convertibles that look really good. The cars lend themselves to racing pretty well, judging by the amount of photos of racing Kellisons in the photo archive. If I had the space, I would buy it from you and keep it somewhat original. I would put some American Racing Salt Flat wheels on it and rock it all day long. img.jpg

The nostalgia of the body style evokes some cool memories of similar looking race cars. Man, if I had the space I would buy it. Good luck in selling it. I have not been able to find too much information on what they go for in the market, sorry.

Davy