HybridZ

some pic of my 280zx almost done.

here's some pis of my 280zx, its come a loooooooonnnnnggggg way, more of the build pics coming soon just have to upload the pics of it when it was rusted out an all apart an as is now, but here are some quick pics.

Comment plz.

Thanks

Chris M.

1981 280zx {turbo coming to a city near you}:burnout:

1983 280zx {wifes}:twisted:

955_thumb.jpg

956_thumb.jpg

957_thumb.jpg

958_thumb.jpg

056_thumb.JPG

thanks for the comment's! yeah its the sunset maronia burnt orange {matalic} from the 350Z. an about to bumpers i have a rear skirt from MSA an its painted the same but i have to bolt it up an put it on, an as the front end gose im looking into have a custom air dam put on that resembale the 280z front end that every one loves, were the front is really open, an then the intercooler will be vissable :mrgreen:. but what about your planes or do you have any at the time?

thank's

Chris M.

1981 280zx {turbo coming to a city near you}

1983 280zx {Wifes}

o an i forgot to say, i have the L28 none turbo, but i just got a turbo exhast mainfold, so for now im getting all the stuff i will need for Mega squirt, an turbo, intercooler, piping, exhast, blow off, ECU, injectors, an what not. but for the stock none turbo motor im running with cobalt SS SC an 07 an up civic Si's witch are friend's an family's car an are prety much stock also........but the plans are to get it perfect the way it is right now an then turbo it.

So did you just remove the whole front bumper off of the car? How much work is involved in making it look like that?

I'm thinking of doing the same thing as you, removing the front bumper so that way you have the nice big air dam on the old Z's, and then getting a nice front bumper kit to make it look good.

thanks agian for the comments!

well all i did was take the front bumper and brakets off the car....it didnt take but about an hour to get off the bolts were ruf so thats why it took a while but i had to take everything off to send it to get painted so i just never put it back on do to the fact that it is sooooooo heavy that thing weights like 70 pound's almost {same with the rear its gone to} so i got a rear skirt from MSA "the Z store" and im looking for a "280Z" fiberglass air dam to put on the front, but i dont think it will fit so im having some custom body work done to fit it an make in look right........still trying to find a shop in houston texas that i trust to do a good job {anyone know's a place let me in on it please}

but no its not hard at all to get the front off. if your turboing it the front will look vary good with the front mount intercooler :mrgreen:.

ill post some more pics of it soon.

thanks. Chris M

thanks agian for the comments!

well all i did was take the front bumper and brakets off the car....it didnt take but about an hour to get off the bolts were ruf so thats why it took a while but i had to take everything off to send it to get painted so i just never put it back on do to the fact that it is sooooooo heavy that thing weights like 70 pound's almost {same with the rear its gone to} so i got a rear skirt from MSA "the Z store" and im looking for a "280Z" fiberglass air dam to put on the front, but i dont think it will fit so im having some custom body work done to fit it an make in look right........still trying to find a shop in houston texas that i trust to do a good job {anyone know's a place let me in on it please}

but no its not hard at all to get the front off. if your turboing it the front will look vary good with the front mount intercooler :mrgreen:.

ill post some more pics of it soon.

thanks. Chris M

Alright, thanks. Make sure to keep it updated. I think I might do this as well.

• 2 weeks later...