HybridZ

fluid leaking.....

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i have green fluid(coolant maybe?) in the drivers side floor. this guy said it was the heater core. how hard is that to replace, and how expensive? i know that if you turn the heat on when the engine is over heating it will help out a little bit, but when i turn the heat on, nothing but regular air comes flowing out. thanks.

dan

This is not good. Thank God I have not had to replace my heater core in any car! From what I know it is a PITA. Hopefully someone that has done it will chime in. Get a Chilton's or Haynes manual at the very least in order to just do maintenance on your car. You will become much more familiar with it. Also you may want to get Wick Humble's book How to Restore Your Datsun Z Car. Read, read, read.

Davy

Guest mtj71Z

hey,

i took my heater core out. you need to take the dashboard out blah blah...it really is a PITA icon_smile.gif but maybe one of the hoses going into it just came lose or broke? but if u need another heatercore u can have mine cause i dont want it. its from a 71 240.

-mike

Guest Locutus

Replacing the one in a Datsun is not that difficult. Just take your time and it comes right out. I have a 96 Chevy Z71. The evaporator has a slow freon leak. I have to add a can or 2 every month or so. I have to pull the whole dash and a/c system to fix the evaporator. I tried to even start and i was so frustrated I said the hell with it for now. I pulled the dash and a/c stuff in couple of hours on my 280, I hear the 240's are more difficult.

Mike

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

mtj71z, would your heater core work with my car? or are the cores the same for all z's? if it's the same, i'll gladly take the core off your hands. thanks a lot.

dan