HybridZ

Trade 1978 280 for 1975 or older Z

datsun723

Hey everyone,

As the title states I'm looking to either straight up trade my Z for yours but am completely open to trade + cash on either end. I've come to the conclusion that it really isn't worth it to try and go through a referee station to attempt and legalize a L28t swap which is ultimately the direction I'd like to go.

Little information on the car. I'm the third or fourth owner of this California only Z. It has blue plates and all the smog junk to prove it. Yuck! It just turned over 110k on the odometer the other day while on a beach cruise. The car itself runs almost perfect. Definitely a great candidate for a dd and has been mine for over a year and a half. I bought it back in Feb. 2008 in Sacramento from a guy who had owned it for 3-4 years but had only put 500 or so miles on it. Put on some new tires and drove it down to Orange, Ca with not a problem or quirk.

What I've replaced:

-Front brake rotors are from MSA and are the vented and slotted with new pads. Done March 2008

-New urethane bushings for the steering rack and tie rods. The others are in need of replacement but the steering is pretty tight. Body roll is due to the other bushings plus a combo of spring and strut need :icon45:

-Twice pipes. Done July 2008. Sounds great!

-Tune up. New plugs, wires, cap and rotor. -August 2008

-Interior: Dash mat (the cool carpet kind :mrgreen:)

-Infinity 3 ways in the MSA box with an Infinity Reference 475a amplifier. Sounds great and the bass is amazing!

-New inner shift boot. Has original brake and shift leather boots. Could use replacing but they were fine for me.

As I said earlier, the car could use springs, struts, and bushings for the suspension. If I don't trade or sell the Z I will ultimately do it. For now it's fine as I don't autocross...yet. The interior is is decent shape with the drivers seat showing a couple rips and the passenger seat looking flawless. The rear carpet is semi faded but is still soft. It could be dyed but I'm not a perfectionist and it never really bothered me. Being a college student could have something to do with it :icon56:

The paint is not original but is a very decent repaint of the original 611 Wine Red color. Shines great in the sun but could use a claybar session. I waxed it right before the MSA show this spring and it's already faded again on the roof.

Rust: One small patch on the passenger rear rocker. Hasn't gone through. Small spots on the cowl panel and on the seam of the quarter windows.

All seals do not leak but are original. As long as it didn't leak I wasn't going to replace it with the MSA junk.

I will add more pictures this week but I figure this add will be up for awhile since finding Z's are always a hit or miss and I want to get the ad up.

Any other questions, just ask. Any specific pictures? Just ask.

My name is Rafe and my number is 951-526-5312. Thanks for the time!

1215081637.jpg

1215081638.jpg

0726081642b1.jpg

0812081835.jpg

• 3 weeks later...