HybridZ

Should I be freaking out?

SuperPickle

Fact 1: Today is the last day of my IRR (Individual Ready Reserve) after serving in the Marines.

Fact 2: My mother just called to let me know that she had just put my mail in an envelope and mailed it off to me. This include a letter from "the military".

I use my mother's address for pretty much everything after years of trying to keep tabs on everything. I travel alot, and it makes everything easier.

Basically, I'm wondering if I'm about to get snatched up by the man, after years of getting back into my normal shape. It would really suck, as I was one day short of Sgt., and I would lose my time-in-grade.

Any other ex-military guys here want to chime in with their thoughts?

You're telling me! I grew up as one of your average "basement geeks". You know, the ones who resemble E.T. when they take their shirts off. I'm just now getting back to that shape, and 5-mile runs at 4am never really appealed to me in the first place!

I already have 6 copies of my dd214. It must be karma from when I got out 1 day before the stop-loss in 2006...:burnout: