HybridZ

V8-powered 1990+ 300ZX ??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering if anyone has ever transplanted an American V8 into a later-model Z-car (1990-99?)? I've been following the twin-turbo buildup in Sport Compart Car magazine, and while it looks like an awesome engine, the cost is also awesome. Way too expensive for the average joe to afford. So, what about a big pushrod motor squeezed in between the fenderwells? Has anyone ever done this? If so, what were the big problem areas? If not, why not? Just curious...

Hrm, the SCC buildup is over the top IMO. You don't need to goto their extent to have a serious TTZ. IF I had a turbo Z I wouldn't drop a V8 in it however if it was a N/A Z with a blown motor...

One of the members here is working on just such a swap but I don't think he's updated lately. Do a search and you may find his posts about it - one very pretty Z with a toasted N/A motor. Apparently the motor fits but I don't know where he's at with the swap right now. Stony, was it you?