HybridZ

My 74 260z Build

Well i finnally managed to buy my first Z car it was a 74 260z with a few things done to it.

First things i plan on doing with it... Striping the g-nose off and selling it.

Karmotion carbon fiber hatch... replacing the rusted out hatch caused by the whale tail... definitely not my taste. looks like a big spoon.

Empty fuel since car has been sitting for 6 months ran like a champ but can tell the oil and gas is bad. so im going to work on that to fix that up a bit. plan on selling the engine set. minus tranny

Strip the car bare and sandblast and paint since floors are rust free and everything else on the car is bassically rust free minus where a few rock chips hit the car and caused the paint to bubble it looks pretty good.

Picked this bad boy up for 600 bucks tomorow i am going to buy the parts car/ drift car.

heres the pictures i have when i picked it up. ill have more tomorow before i start the tear down right now i threw some bug bombs in it because i saw 2 spiders in the car and i can work with worms and roaches before i can work with spiders... so they have to be dead car really has minimal rust with 82k original miles... bought it from a car collector had all kinds of old planes tons of cars and an amazing house

260z.jpg

260z2.jpg

260z3.jpg

leme know what you guys think so far

im going to be selling alot of what this car has possibly even seats and more as i go threw it i want this car to be pretty empty want to completly modernize the interior and build a custom center console mabe dash but i kind of like the layout of the dash so i might just look into getting a CF peice made

Only thing i do need help with is getting Cheap good weather stripping ive looked around and i heard of black dragon or something like that being BAD weather stripping.

im going to deffinatly need the hatch seal and door seals not sure if the front and rear windsheild take seals but im going to need everyone but i was hoping if you guys knew of a good cheap weather strip i could get for it because thats the one thing thats all rotted out is the weather stripping

Hmmmm.... I am interested in the G-nose. Which type is it?

ill have pictures of everything up this afternoon im going to pick up the other 280z right now

i tore the car almost completely apart today found out that owner did an awsome fiberglass job on the floors made them look just like steel come to find out when i jumped in the car this morning the bottom fell out... i can bassically flintstone it

This is what i started out with yesterday morning

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0005.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0007.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

PICT0010.jpg

I stared the break down and this is what i started discovering

PICT0011.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0016-1.jpg

PICT0018-1.jpg

PICT0019-1.jpg

PICT0020-2.jpg

PICT0021-2.jpg

PICT0023-2.jpg

passenger side

PICT0024-2.jpg

PICT0025-2.jpg

ended up just grinding it down and primering to try and give myself time to think about what i want to do with these area's

PICT0026-1.jpg

PICT0027-1.jpg

PICT0028-1.jpg

PICT0029-1.jpg

PICT0030-1.jpg

PICT0031-1.jpg

Next im going to inventory the 280z to see which one id rather tackle first as the daily driver...

Well ive decided to work on the 260z and get it driving within a month with temporary patch panels. I was hoping i wasn't going to get a car this bad but now to test my skills i guess i have one bad and one HORRIBLE. But hey everyone has to start somewhere right?

Ill be trying to pick up a 240sx some time within 3 months or so when i manage to find a job.