HybridZ

The stock A meter in 240Z

Guest RXO510

I just wired up our Z. From head to tail. I was checking on the search to see if my A meter was reading correctly because before I rewired the car, it wasn't working. I was happy because I got it to work. Just looking to see how it would normally read. Now I find out that I should eliminate it. I read the reasons why and I will promptly take care of that. I know to solder the leads of the wires to the A gauge and insulate well. Get a 12G fusible link to 8G wire to BATT. Ok. I have the white/red striped wire going to the alt which I believe goes to the fuse box. Now from the same harness I have a plain white 10G? wire going straight to my BATT. This is where I get lost. Should I put the fusible link to the white wire going straight to the BATT or the the white/red striped wire going to the alt? Did I miss something in the post I read? Sorry to bother with this, but seems like this needs to be taken care of now. James icon_confused.gif I was just thinking that maybe my alt is setup wrong. I will check my JTR manual for the alt setup. My alt has 3 wires on the plug and a post for the wires. 1 blk 18G wire, 1 red and white 18G wire, and 1 10G red wire. I only have the 10G white/red striped wire going to the harness hooked up to the post and a 18G ignition wire to the plug of alt. There is a 10G wire from the plug of alt that is connected with the white/red wire on the back of the alt. Is there where I'm setup wrong? I will check, but any info would be appreciated.

Sorry about the post. icon_redface.gif Looked at the JTR manual and posts in the search and figured everything out about wiring up the alt and also eliminating the A guage. Thanks for the e-mails with all the help guys. We really think this site is great with lots of knowledgable guys always helping out! Thanks again. twak.gif J&G