HybridZ

Putting a 2.8FI in a 72 240z

Hi All,

My son has a 72 240z auto and we picked up a l28, intake, and 5 speed transmission for a great deal so we have been working on getting it all cleaned and ready to convert his 240z. I have so many questions about this conversion that has been done at least 1000 times over by all of you.

I guess I'll start with the emissions and extra stuff sitting on the intake manifold.

I only have a Haynes manual, and that has suppliment for the fuel injection and a FSM for a 72 so that covers no EFI stuff.

Since it is a 72, even though a newer motor is going in it we have to only meet the 72 emission standards.

I'm not sure what year the motor is from but it's a N47 intake.

I got the EGR valve off and blocked, and took off the BPT valve. I understand that it's not essential and the header we have does not have a provision for the EGR.

I think this motor had cruise control, there was a actuator mounted on the side of the manifold, held on by 3 bolts that looks like it controls the throttle shaft position. That was removed as well.

Can the air regulator be removed and just left unplugged from the harness?

As far as the PCV fitting in the valve cover, where does that go if I eliminate the air regulator? Does it go directly to the fitting on the throttle body?

The actual PCV valve is in the under side of the manifold, what happens with that? Is it removed or just have it teed with the hose going to the throttle body?

Can the remaining hose fitting on the throttle body be just blocked off?

The vacuum lines were all off this manifold as well. Does anyone have a diagram of the vacuum routing?

Does anyone have any diagrams or pictures of a cleaned up EFI factory setup?

Any help would be great.

Thanks All!