HybridZ

Vortec brackets?

Has anyone ran 95ish Vortec accessory brackets on a Z? Will they fit under the hood? I modified a set, to run on my carbed LT-1 and they sit pretty high up there. I'll only be running the Alt and the A/C compressor. I was just wondering if anyone had tried them.

There is or was a seller on Ebay that was selling camaro serpentine set that fits under the hood of a 240Z. Merely using shorter belts and eliminating power steering pump and water pump pulleys works fine. The seller is in Illinois and the sets come like they are NEW. All you need is a subset of pulleys and shorter serpentive belts. I am doing the same and a friend has also done the same.

If all you need to run is the alternator and air conditioning compressor via a less lengthy belt then the link that I gave you SHOULD work around the LT-1 water pump which is camshaft driven. I know it already works as it is on a friends 240Z and clears the hood but his is NOT a LT-1. Suggestion, I have a 1994 Buick Roadmaster with a LT-1 and have purchased an electric water pump for it that mounts to the front of the existing pump casting. That should eliminate any cooling issues.