HybridZ

reverse flow cooling setup

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

just wanted to run a idea by you guys and see what you thought. i have been ponderin on how to set up a reverse flow cooling system on my future motor. so far my idea is this: remote mounted 12 volt marine sum pump and then threading the the original outlets on the block and screw in a conntector so i can hose it in the way i want to I.E. backwards to get the desired effect. would this work out, what do you guys think wold be a easier/better way to go about doing this?

Guest Anonymous

your off track there ZROSSA. sorry i should have been more specific next time. the motor i am working on is a mopar motor and they have yet to make a reverse flow setup in their motors. so i have to work out a way myself to get the desired results. i was looking around at some marine bilge pumps and there was one that caught my fancy. it was a 12V setup but it did not specify the amperage draw. it could flow 2000 GPH or roughly 33 GPM just in the ballpark of what i want. the only thing that i don't like is it looked like it was made out of plastic mostly and being made to work with seawater i don't know how well it would handle the heat of engine coolant.

or i could go so far as to use a 3.5HP briggs&stratton powered sump pump that flows 130 GPM! just think of the look on my neighbors face when they see me come out my front door. hop in my car and pop the hood, then yank the cord on a lawn mower motor a few times then jump back in and motor on off icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif that would be too priceless to see the look on their faces as they scratch their heads in wonder.