HybridZ

removing wiring harness

Guest 400 ci 280z

Guest 400 ci 280z

i am totally stripping my 280z and was in the process of getting the harness that goes through the fire wall on the passengers side. i was just wondering how do you get the blue, white and black connectors from the big white block? icon_confused.gif

I was able to remove the wiring harness by pulling it thru to the engine compartment. You just have to push each individual connector thru one at a time, they do fit.

Not a problem reconnecting either, since I think there are only 2 pairs of connectors that are similar and confusible, so, just mark one of those pairs with paint or something.

I've been contemplating re-doing that front harness. Waytek has some really nice water proof automotive connectors. Problem is that I'd like to get multiple different kinds to duplicate that "can't make a mistaken connection" system, but they have pretty hefty minimum quantities.

It'd be key if we could maybe arrange a group purchase or something.

Guest 400 ci 280z

i found the post i was looking for and i got the harness out of the car. you just had to give the blue connector a good wack with a hammer or something then i just sliped the couple connectors through to the engine compartment.