HybridZ

Upgrading to a V8 need help

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok here we go time to build my dream car. where is a good place on the web to price crate engines. I think i want a 327 chev engine and a T400 tranny but i like driving a clutch. if any 1 has any good websites for parts for a 71 240z please let me know thx. Sorry for the typing i am holding my 1 week old daughter icon_smile.gif and typing with 1 hand.

PS This message board is the best i have found thanks for your help. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

1 More thing i want a good engine HP Required but at a good price not sure about fule injected or carb, but i like to work on it myself so prob card. I see all thesse other people putting all types of motors from other cars in their z's. As long as it is a small block can i put it in my Z??? Much thanks for pointing me in the right direction... O by the way i just rebuilt my straight 6 from the ground up but i want the speed icon_smile.gif i love my car and want it to turn heads thx again.

Redline, the first place to start is the JTR website that you can get to easily by looking for the link on the black speedracer intro page of the forum. Buy the book and digest it first, then do the shopping for the motor and tranny. You have the car and that's great, but you need the book, then the motor, then the tranny. The book is so very important because it lists the steps you must take to complete the conversion. Price things out and budget you money and your time. This is a lot of work, but well worth it. And just remember that babies come before cars icon_smile.gif

Davy

Hey Redline, Davy is right on so many levels, (are you a dad too Dave?). Don't buy anything 'till you get the book. Trust me, you'll need that money down the road. I would also encourage you pick up the TPI/TBI book. You don't have to be afraid of FI. I went that route because I want it to start everytime, first crank, no matter the weather.

Welcome aboard, and remember what Davy says, family first!