HybridZ

bronze bushing replacement in steering rack

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Okay, I took my 73 steering rack apart and i want to replace the bronze bushings in the rack, what kinda of shop would i take it too? i already bought all the bronze replacements from victoria british. should i just take it too my local machine shop to get them pressed in? what should i bring with me besides the bushings and the rack to make sure they do it correctly any advice would help alot

Guest Anonymous

A machine shop should be able to press them out and press in new ones no problem. I doubt you'd need anything else but the rack and the bushings, unless theres a measurement thats critical in they're placement in the rack.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I should check it out, my brother has been talking about Pavillions alot. He has a 63 bird thats choice, but he needs to sell it and he say's although they don't allow huge for sale signs, its probably a good place to meet someone who may be interested in it or to leave a few cards for potential buyers.

Yeah, I'm in Tempe for now, probably about another week it looks like, then I get back to Sacramento and my Z at home (and all the repairs that go with that... smile.gif ).

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

yeah they are becoming more leaniant(spelling) about the for sale stuff, just gotta be discret about it. leave on the drivers seat, or front glass. hope to see you there!