HybridZ

Header Heat-One Hot Tamale&Fit

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Can anyone help with the answer to decrease the amount of header roasting in my 250 GTO

Chevy 350. Can make scrambled eggs and boil water for tea in my carburator-it gets so hot icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_eek.gif Any recommendations for a block huggar header that FITS w/o modification?? Sanderson's

do not fit.

Chicken Soup for the Hybrid

Owner- Cappy

Robert - how about posting a pic of your GTO?

I use Hooker block hugger with ceramic coatings coatings on my GTO with a 327 SBC, (see "Featured" cars off of main page here). Of course you must be using the JTR or similar method that places the engine back near the firewall. As Lone said, ceramic coatings really do help a lot.

Also, make sur you run enough timing advance because retarded time will cause excess head in the headers. You've seen the pictures with the engine running on a dyno with glowing headers - it's done by retarding the timing. Also make sure it's not running to rich. Quite often an extra rich mixture will continue to burn after it leaves the cylinder and cause excess heat as well.

BTW, Sanderson http://www.sandersonheaders.com/ makes about 30 different headers for a SBC so I think you can find one to fit.

Guest Anonymous

The members here use quite a few different brands of block huggers, although Hooker is one of the ones JTR suggest, I used Heddman because they were cheap. Have you tried ceramic coatings on the header? This is supposed to reduce temps. FWIW.

Regards,

Lone

Well, I bought Flowtech ceramic coated from Jegs for less than $200. Mikelly pointed me that way. They fit great. But, they are not big pipes, 1 1/2" I think. I'm running a stock 305tpi, so should be fine for me. If your running big hp you may be looking for bigger pipes. Seems to me that there was a thread here that referanced a page that dynoed verious size headers on verious engines. Not a lot of advantage to bigger pipes on most applications as I remember.