HybridZ

NOS,SQUEEZE,BIG BLUE BOTTLE!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Z Man377

Hey I got it. I Dont tell it, But, I can trust my Friends. Right!! icon_confused.gif

My Bottle is mounted behind the Passenger Seat sideways, I cut the bottom out of a large NIKE Duffle Bag. I also keep a towel and some rags in it to make it look like it is full of car cleaning supplies. Just unzip and turn the knob. I dont have an external blowoff valve but with the bag over it, The tech's at the track never know its there and dont look for it. Want some pics of it just email me zman@neto.com

P.S. I hope that NOS doesnt blow out my Floorboards Like on Fast and the Furious!!! icon_eek.gificon_confused.gif

NOS didn't blow the floorboards. Those were those cutesy diamond plate show things that "blew". The little bolts worked loose and away it went. I've never seen anyone actually use one of those things for the real floorboard but... it wasn't a motor blowing.

Heh, am in Vegas checking in for a moment icon_smile.gif Bust week, lot's to catch up with I see. Hacking conferences are fun (lol). Anyone else here at DEFCON? icon_confused.gif

The best hidden system I have seen was on a dirt car and had a baby bottle and solenoid glassed into the lood. they used the foward part of the cowl induction type hood for the bottle and solenoid and the hood pins as contact points... the motor ran a little fat on the secondarys to cover it up and was activated by a switch under the throtle pedal.... what is the first thing they remove when they tech a car....the hood.... real slick. I have also seen the systems plumed under the intake and some of the best are hidden in the intake track some where on EFI if you have big enough injectors and a good computer you can mount the nitrous feed anywhere in the intake track ahead of the MAF....... Several of the rice boys down here have the bottles mounted behind the front bumper to hide them and feed the air box...... talk about dangerous but it works....

Guest Anonymous

Quite a number of years ago a few of the good ole boys in Nascar busted for using NOS in time trials looking for that competitive edge... They apparently had a under-manifold system and had used the rollbar as a tank. I would have thought this was a tall story had I not remember reading it myself. *shrug*

Lone

Guest Night_rider_383

I seen a pretty good way to hide the setup if your into it. This guy i knew used a bigger alum. fuel cell (16 gal. Cut it into and weld the nos tank in the cell, put some kinda fill valve on the bottom of the sump. I not sure how it done this but to refill the in the cell bottle he used another nos bottle with a line on it and put the other end of the line onto the valve that he put into the sump, and he turned a knob in back of the cell (i guess to open the bottle up). Ran the main nos line out the rear right coner of the cell, under the carpet, down the door still. He had the solenoids in the glove box (had cooling ducts and vents in there too). He built intake spacers and ran a sray bar in each spacer, plumped the lines into the spacers at the back of the engine through the firewall down about even with the bottome of the heads then ran up the back of the heads and into the fittings on the spacers. Used a switch under the pedel. In 3 years no one on the streets or track has found the set up. Only him, another one of our buddies, me, and now you guys know about it.

Guest Anonymous

hey 383 nightrider, i have thought about using a blower as well as the nitrous. i would have to say the one i would want to run would be the ATI procharger with the billet impellor. high boost, doesn't advertise, (I.E. nothing sticking out of the hood) whats not to like? the problem is a blower costs what? anywhere from the 2k to 4k+ range? and your basic nitrous will run ya about 300-800 depending on the model unless you get a really trick direct injection system going then it might cost you over a grand.

I agree with you totally that a blower probably is a better value in the long run and i think i might try to save my pennies for a present to myself in the future. but i also just want to play around with the laughing gas for awhile, you know? curiosity always has been my weak point icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Night_rider_383

v-8z... Yeah man i know how it goes. We all love to play around and some well most of the time we get hooked real fast. I ran the gas when i first got into cars and was old enough to drive. I ran a nos 125 hp plate set up for about 6 mo, and i loved it till i got my 1st real engine built. Then dropped in the new one, got it set up and dailed in. Took it to the strip and ran .40 sec faster than the other one on the gas. When i got back home i started adding up everything and the price of both engines the 1st one 360 cid (350 .060 over) with the price on the nos came to 2390.00 the next one was a 355 and came too 2612.00 and ran that much faster with out nos. Thats one of the main reasons i stay away from the stuff now. You see not even a 300.00 higher price for the higher hp engine w/o nos and whene you start adding up the bottle refills then you really lose money in the long run on a nos engine. The other reason i stay away from nos is (i know a blower can kill an engine also but the % is not near as high) my boss at the time built a car for the worlds fastest sreet car shoot out. It was a 1970 camaro, 476 cid bbc (502 bored .030 fitted with a shorter 3.75'' stroke crank) Top of the line parts. This engine had around 14-16k put into it. Built to rev to 9500 plus rpm, The power band didnt even start in till 4500 rpm. He is a pro been in this bizz for 34 years. He added a 750 hp dual nos set up. This engine was built for this type nos. (plate and port fogger together)Gets it all dailed in set up great. Makes the field. 4th comp run. He does his burnout, stages the car. Hits the trans brake, brings the rpm to 5k lights come down, he lets off the brake and soon as he does the biggest bang i ever heard happened. In slow motion from the tracks cams showed the blast and the fire went about 6-7 ft. in the air after it blowed his glass hood/scoop off. 1 melted piston, 2 pistons out the heads, 1 rod broke, 3 rod caps came out the crank case cover, plus much much more. To make it short we found the cause was timing 2 deg. total off. Some how the dist. moved a tick and we didnt cacth it. Then on the blower deal why i love them so much is that hooked factor. I got one of the old gmc modles that had done been set up from unlead fuel cheap 150 bucks and build the guy an engine and he even bought the parts. Well i took that 355 that i was telling you about and dropped the c/r down with thicker gaskets and larger cc heads, put that blower one and picked me up another 600 cfm carter afb at a swap meet. The 1st time i took it down the road i was in love. There was so much torque added it wasnt even real. Plus that gear wine that sounds like a f-14 boomer. I was young and this engine really wasnt set up right for a blower but thats all it took for me. I like the fact there not much after price on a blower. You build the engine, get the blower, set it up and your done now on the roots type you do need to change the bearings, gear oil and if its ther older ones with the tef. strips then youll need to replace them but thats just once a year if that. Yeah man your right about the price of a blower they are high and always will be and the build price tends to run higher on the engine build its self if your building a blown engine, i dont even really need to say this but its worth it alot of power, more hp and tq. than most of the nos kits, 40-55% more is the norm. on a blower. Most mild blower engines will have around 450 to 500 hp befor the blower so 40-55% really starts to add and the power is right there not none of this pruge, arm, stuff. and after you add it up its cheaper down the road. Out here the nos re fills are 35 bucks a pop, and only last about 13 runs + or -.