HybridZ

getting started

Guest TAlchemist

Guest Anonymous

Keep the car drivable and operating as long as possible.You may have to move to find a job and you will not like dragging that car around.New neighbors and landlords do not like project cars. I would get settled in to a new work life before getting gung Ho on modifictions.Projects of short duration from start to finish are best in your situation because circumstances of job and moving may require a quick sell of the vehicle. My 2 pennies

Good words of wisdom--make sure the car actually drives before doing anything else. A driver (even a bad one) is worth more than one that doesn't.

If you have the car operating, then go through and clean up everything you can. With a little money, you can pull better or nicer interior parts from a wrecking yard car for pennies. I used a SEM spray dye product--"Landau Black" to restore pure normalcy of color to my black plastic interior pieces. They looked like new and I was totally amazed at how much satisfaction I could get for a little work and very little money.

Davy

Guest TAlchemist

ok i have one question for everybody. I just got my 78 280z a few weeks ago and i have been cleaning it up.

i was wondering what should i do first. I figure since i will be graduating from college this summer and wont have much money until then that i should start by completely stripping the interior.

does this sound like a good way to get started.

i plan on after this stripping and completely restoring the suspension, my reasoning is i will wieght for the engine till the car is ready to drive.

Thanks

Guest TAlchemist

unfortuneatly the car has not been driveable for a while. it was parked 6 years ago. i dont have th emoney to chunk down on engine parts, tools, and suspension.

Even if the engine worked the brakes and springs dont.