HybridZ

Iceman's '70 build-up

Ok, so I finally made some decisions for my project.

Currently I have a 1970 240Z with an '83(?) L28 with SUs

After going back and forth between building the L28 a little more vs going with a SBC, I have finally decided to go with a SBC :burnout:

I also FINALLY decided on a color:

Subaru's "Newport Pearl Blue"

Here's a pic of it on their Forester model. It's a very electric blue. Looks even cooler in person.

picture.php?albumid=174&pictureid=1373

Coincidentally it kinda matches my Iceman nickname since it's kinda like ice.

My SBC is going to be an '88 350 that is currently in my '65 GMC. I have a nice old OLDS 455 that is going in the truck.

I think the setup that I have on the 350 will be nice for the Z. It has an Edelbrock Performer intake with a spread-bore Quadrajet carb. Most of the time I will be able to motor around on the 2 barrels, improving fuel economy, but then I can mash it and open the secondaries. This has been very nice in my truck because it gives me a lot more control before WOT since there is a very noticeable resistance before popping the secondaries open. It also is a lot of fun when I am playing around because I can make a challenger think WOT on the primaries is all I got, and then open the secondaries next time :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's some progress pics:

picture.php?albumid=170&pictureid=1511

Floor mats are in just for pics. I cant decide whether I want to use bedliner for the whole floor and just put these mats on top, or if I want to carpet the whole floor.

Anyone want to buy the mats? That might help me decide. :)

picture.php?albumid=170&pictureid=1510

picture.php?albumid=170&pictureid=1509