HybridZ

Today's Dash Work.

19762802+2

So yesterday having not alot of money to work with and nothing to do, I have been thinking about redoing the interior and already have done the seats and carpet I decided to start on the dash.

I always thought about putting tweeters in the holes where the airvents are on the side but i didn't have any money to spend on tweeters. So i pulled out the dash and cleaned it up and taped up some of the wiring and took the gauges out to get some white gauges that i can print out. Leaving the gauges i started on the cracks i sanded them up a bit and put some black silicone in the cracks and let it dry. I then painted the whole dash flat black and waited for it to dry then put some laquer finish on it to make it shine a bit.

I then took out the old airvents and took them apart wasn't too hard just three screws and popped out the vent, After that i cleaned them up a bit and i found some old speaker boxes for a home stereo and cut them up and stole the tweeters haha so i took out the bigger speakers for later use then trimmed up the cover for the tweeters i had to cut it out of the plastic because it was molded but i ground it down a bit and made it smooth. I put it in the airvent and it fit pretty good nice and snug so i put some wires in so the would go through the back and put them back in.

Im pretty happy the way they turned out they have sort of the same shape as the old vents but now they are speakers :)

downsize_thumb.jpg

16403_thumb.attach

16404_thumb.attach

downsize(3)_thumb.jpg

downsize(2)_thumb.jpg