HybridZ

Anyone used Jacobs Ceramic spark plug wires?

Guest Tom Simpson

Tom, I remeber you posting about this before--are your plug boots 90 degree angled? Would it help to change it if they were not? How about the Accel short plugs? I can't see how the ceramic plug wires could hurt (unless you melt those too icon_biggrin.gif) Sorry, I could not resist...Seriously, have you tried the ceramic boot "socks" that go over the boots by the headers? What about a good loom for the wires, which routes the wires away from the header pipes? Please refresh everyone's memory and maybe someone's grey matter will jog loose for a fix.

Davy

Guest Tom Simpson

I have the short plugs and the 90 degree boots. the boot sits right on the damn header so its impossible for me to fit any kind of protective material over it.......

what is the deal with these heads anyways? i wish my 882's hadnt gotten chewed up by a loose rocker.

Tom

I'll gladly deal with the problem of your roasted wires if you want to swap for my 882's! icon_biggrin.gif

You have a strange problem there, and I'm wondering if you should just swap in some different headers. I have Summit cheapie block huggers that clear the boots just fine and use a loom for routing. There is no clearance issue. Tom, what do you think? Or are the heads really the problemo.

Davy

Guest Tom Simpson

heck I dunno, all i know is that the 882's gave me plenty of room....weird huh? I found some accel extreme 9003's for 29.99 on EBAY and am bidding 85 bucks on some ceramics.....problem will be solved one way or another

Tom