HybridZ

windsheild and hatch glass removal. IT IS LONG

Guest 400 ci 280z

Guest 400 ci 280z

i just took out my hatch glass and was going to tell anyone that is going to do this a tip. it started as just removeing the trim with a screw driver. i was sliding it down the edge to remove the lip of the gasket that holds the trim in. i ran into a portion that didnt have a gap big enough to slide the screw driver under. so i grabed a metal putty knife and got the rest of the trim out.

i then decide to get the window out. you just slip an edge of te putty knife under the gasket and begin to pull up on the handle. it peels the gasket up all the way to the edge of the glass. you then want to take an edge of the putty knife and make sure you can see the outer edge of the glass. be carful with the round corners of the gasket because you might not of been able to take the corner of the gasket off. then you carefully jest pop it out. making sure the corners are not still caught in the gasket.

i am sure you can use this on the windsheild to. this will only work if you have an old gasket and it is hard. if anyone knows a better way feel free to and it. hopefully it will help someone out. it is far easier to do this than to cut completly through the gasket.

chris cheers.gif