HybridZ

Taurus fan???

Guest nosz350

Guest nosz350

I need to know what year and size engine this fan is coming off of, i'm going to the dealer tomorrow and i know they are going to ask me that .. thanks guys

I just got a Taurus fan from the junkyard. It was from a '95 wagon, a single speed model(two wires). I set it on top of the Camaro aluminum/plastic radiator and it looks like very minor shroud trimming to get a great fit. Check a junkyard if you have time, the one I went to had loads of Fords. Price of fan assy: $45.00. Find a low miles car and spin the fan to check the bearing. Also, try to wiggle the fan to check for any play in the motor, mine has no detectable fore/aft movement. I wonder though if the two speed fan would be better? Does anybody know if the two speed fan pulls more CFM than the single speed, or if it just has a low speed?? That's my 2 cents. icon_biggrin.gif

Mine came off a '92. The fit is amazingly good when you consider. Also, get the plastic top rad mount off the Camaro. It doesn't matter if it is the big or small one. Mine was the big one, came off a '91. This works well with the Ford shroud. If you get the big one just cut a section out of the middle, easy. Also snag the rubber mounts, best way to mount it. I trimmed up all my parts with a chop saw, carbide blade. Done in half an hour and looks factory.

Guest Anonymous

Mine was off a '92 I believe. Early to mid nineties ought to work. I can't remember which engine I asked for, I think I just asked for one from the 3.8 (?) V6, sorry been a while since I aquired it.

Regards,

Lone

You definetly want to look them over closely. I installed one about three to four months ago and 500 hundred plus miles later it fried on me. It was a Taurus two speed out of a 89 model. Oh well back to the bone yards! Mike. When the fan worked it really moved some air though! icon_mad.gif