HybridZ

air/fuel gauge problem

tickwon

I'm having a proplem hooking up my air/fuel gauge. confused2.gif I have an Autometer Pro Comp. I have three wires. Black, Purple, and Red. I have the ground and power good to go, but when I splice the purple wire into the O2 sensor wire, I get no power. weird.gif Has any one had this problem before? I don't understand what going on. I need some help. I have a 1981 280ZXT. How do you guys have your A/F gauge hooked up. Thanks for any help you can provide. hail.gif

That's exactly how I have mine hooked up. It worked fine until I sprayed liquid wrench which seemed to make my o2 sensor act funny....it now sends a false reading to my air/flow gauge and would sometimes not work at all at WOT. The best advice I've gotten is to replace the sensor with a one wire bosche kit. They go for about $20.00 at your local parts store.

PS. are you sure that you got a GOOD splice? Double check before you buy another sensor. cheers.gif