HybridZ

Can someone do some simple measurements for me?

TT2STConvert

I'm in the middle of getting my 240Z (1973) running and just need to finish the fuel system. Unfortunately, I suspect this is going to involve either spending a lot of money cleaning/sealing the stock tank and modifying it for higher flow (car has an L28ET), or it's going to involve spending a little less for a new fuel cell altogether. The problem is, I'm away at grad school and am only able to make it back to the car every few weekends, so I can't do the measurements I need to do to start considering fuel cells. The ones I'm considering have the following measurements:

17''L x 23''W x 11''H

17''L x 17''W x 11''H

I'd like to run the larger one (16gal vs 12gal and only $10 more), but either will work. Could anybody check underneath their car with a tape measure, and let me know if either of these would fit? And if you could give an estimate to the dimensions of the stock tank, I'd appreciate that as well. I suspect they're too tall (especially if I wanted to modify things to retain the stock filler neck), but I don't want to make an incorrect assumption and overlook an alternative that could save me a lot of money and work.

On a less important note, if anybody has a picture of the fuel tank so I could see how everything is arranged, I'd appreciate that as well.