HybridZ

identify these flares

jdizzy204

All of the overfenders pictured ( including the Arita Speed 'Akira Z' car ) are replicas of original Nissan factory 'Works' overfenders, as used on Nissan's own Group 4 circuit race cars in Japan from 1971 onwards.

They were homologated for race use by being sold in Nissan's 'Sports Option' lists, so that private race teams and individuals could buy them for their own cars. They were designed to be matched with Nissan's own Group 4 'Grand Nose', which was homologated with the sale of the HS30-H 'Fairlady 240ZG' model. The deep, ducted front spoiler overlapped the lower part of the front overfenders and the whole kit became known colloquially as the 'Type B' kit ( as distinct from the slightly smaller 'Type A' kit which preceded it ).

Many replicas and lookalikes have been produced since the early 1970s, some of them good, some of them not so good. A couple of companies in Japan still make their own versions, and Arita Speed are one of them.

OptionCat-79-02_thumb.jpg

Sports Option cat-scan110305_thumb.jpg

Works test - Dec74-1_thumb.jpg

HS30-H, thanks so much. Arita speed's kit is a bit different than the one im looking for, so do you know any other companies that produce these flares?

so i am assuming that nissan no longer produces them and even if they did, i wouldnt be able to purchase them. I have the arita speed rear fenders and dont think they are as wide as the ones i have posted up.