HybridZ

My First Z Project

I recently picked up my first Z. It's a 1975 280z with very little rust (New Mexico car). It is vin #1684, which really surprised me.

I plan on swapping in a Gen IV 5.3L GM engine. Since I am stuck at school without the ability to begin the swap, I have been trying to decide on what paint scheme I want.

I have tentatively decided on this scheme:

Orange%20Z.jpg

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

I plan on doing the same paint that I did on my 1972 Kawasaki H2:

SDIM0458.jpg

Input and/or suggestions are welcomed and requested. I will try to keep the thread alive as I work on the car.

• 2 weeks later...

New plans, new car!

I just purchased this car for $900. It is much more complete than my other Z.

It has 154,xxx original, documented miles on it and I am the 3rd owner. I got complete records with the car dating back to its original purchase.

I am surprised at how complete it is. It has the original tire inflater, original window sticker from 1978, and even the owner's manual and documentation!

This car will be a much better candidate for a V8 swap.

I also changed my plans for the V8 swap. I decided that I am only going to do this car once, so I better do it right. I now am saving up for a LS1 and a T56, which will go in the car instead of a 5.3L and a 4L60E.

I am selling my "other Z" to a friend here at college with me, which is good since I will still get to drive it from time to time.