HybridZ

Clutches, Clutches, Clutches.... Street to be Precise

Zerocell5688

So I'm looking at a few different clutch options. I'm building a street DD Z, as some of you know i clock ALOT of miles in a day and i usually drive hard (90+ mph most of the way) so i'm weighing my options and i've tried searching for part recommendations for this style clutch and no definates arose. So here i am checkin out between a pair of clutches. I'm workin on a budget, trying to keep under $350 if possible but i don't mind paying a littel more more better product i'm just cheapo as we all know :D. I'm wanting to Keep it a street style clutch cause it IS a DD so i don't think pucks are for me. I'm wanting to get something nice and responsive but over built for my goals of +250hp +300ft/lbs. I've heard that if you take an N/A engine you can replace the 225mm with a 240mm with no mods and you just put in the matching 240mm clutch and bearings etc. I'm planning on turboing the car so getting the Turbo(240mm) clutch seems to be a logical starting point. So i'm thinkin these 2 model clutches i've run accross. They're more than my $350 price bracket but if they're worth it i'll invest. they are the

ACT NX2-HDSS - http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/NX2-HDSS

or the

ACT NX2-XTSS - http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/prod/NX2-XTSS

If anyone knows where to get them cheaper i'd really like to know or if you have a better recommendation i'd really like to hear it guys! anyways thanks!

~J

PS:

The car its going onto is aaaaaaaaa....

1977 Datsun 280Z

N/A 5-speed(obviously)

Stock(mostly) approx 170hp TOPS CURRENTLY

Going to Turbo swap once i get all my odds and ends in order

She's getting new Illuminas and rear brake swap but other than that she's stock.