HybridZ

trouble with Momo Monte Carlo finish

Guest Tim78zt

Guest Tim78zt

I did a search of this forum and contacted Momo.Italy by email but haven't found any help yet. Sooo...has anyone been able to restore the shiny finish on their wheel? Mine was stripped of the shine in a few areas by a garage where the car was repaired, I'm guessing with some kind of cleaner the mechanic used or something on his hands. Those sections of the wheel resemble suede now. I've tried slathering on mink oil, but the shine won't come back. I've tried shoe polish too. Anyone have any other ideas?

Tim78zt

Guest Anonymous

Here's a an idea from left field... If the wheel is easily removed, take it to a shoe repair shop. Yes, they are harder to find these days given our disposable society, but they do exist and they do know what to do with leather. Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tim78zt

I thought I would follow up on what happened at the shoe repair shop, Skip. They sold me a small bottle of leather balm. He tried a small area while I was there. Worked the balm into the rough area on the wheel's leather surface, and then buffed it with his electric buffer.I think the key was the high-speed buffer producing some heat and that sort of melted the coating of balm to the leather. Anyway it gave it a nice sealed protective finish, so he said take it home and work a bunch of that balm in by hand and then bring it back for him to buff. Worked out great!!

Thanks again for the tip!!

Tim78zt

Guest Tim78zt

I thought I would follow up on what happened at the shoe repair shop, Skip. They sold me a small bottle of leather balm. He tried a small area while I was there. Worked the balm into the rough area on the wheel's leather surface, and then buffed it with his electric buffer.I think the key was the high-speed buffer producing some heat and that sort of melted the coating of balm to the leather. Anyway it gave it a nice sealed protective finish, so he said take it home and work a bunch of that balm in by hand and then bring it back for him to buff. Worked out great!!

Thanks again for the tip!!

Tim78zt