HybridZ

Smooth shifter for 240Z

Guest kcambron

Guest kcambron

I have a stock shifter that is very sloppy(hole is worn at pin). I was given a shorter shifter that seems to fit,it has plastic shims on either

side but one shim is missing and I don't know what car it came off of so I can't fix it.

Is there a after market shifter that you guys can

recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Howdy, aaib, and welcome to the group.

You might try going to the Nissan dealer to see if the stock inserts you're missing resemble your aftermarket ones.

Also, you call what you're missing a "shim". A little flat thing like a thin plastic washer? If it's what I'm thinking it is, go to your local BMW dealer and ask them for the plastic washers that go to either side of the shifter lever of a 1985 535i. This may be the same sort of thing you're looking for, and it might save you some money.

As an alternative, you might want to just pull another shift lever out of a boneyard and refurbish it. Cut down the height a couple of inches and refurbished with new plastic parts, the last one I did cost me just a few bucks, looked EXCELLENT, and felt great!