HybridZ

ID My DIF?

DRFTEM

Ok well I had my local z buddy look under my car and he says I either have an r180 or r190. I try to spin one tire with both in the air and they both go in the same direction. but it doesnt chirp tires when im driving so I know its not a welded diff and it doesnt make noises like a 2way ussually does. how can I ID my diff? I need to replace my bushing for it so I figure while the diff is out to replace the bushing I will crack it open and take some pictures if im still stumped.This is in my 1974 260z

• Administrators

Pics. PICS and more PICS! Could be an R-160, R-180, R-190, R-200! R-190's are quite rare in the states.

The mustache bar, (the bar that attaches to the back of the diff), does it pass forward of the uprights braces or aft/behind the upright braces?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

That's all the detail you are going to give us?...

fac.jpg

It's not that cut and dry. We need specifics, preferably with some pics, otherwise, there is NO possible way ANYONE can tell what diff you have based on what little info you have provided. :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok people I pulled my dif out and replaced it with an open r180 so I can find out more about what was in my car. So I opened the case to see this.

P1010759.jpg

P1010760.jpg

Then I tore it apart and found a 2 pinion clutch type dif.

P1010761.jpg

P1010762.jpg

So I am now selling it for 250 If anyone is interested. It had a 3.9 ring gear also if anyone wants that also. It was in a case verry similar to my r180.