HybridZ

New member. CA18DET 200sx tranny in rb25det s13 swap

Guest guillers13

Guest guillers13

Hello my friends... i,m venezuelan guy.. so please sorry 4 my english.. so.. i have a 200Sx s13 with modded ca18det. stock tranny and stock r200 diff... i will buy an RB25det to swap into my s13.. and my question is.. what i need to fit it on my car.. and Can i use my stock tranny driveshaft and diff? engine mounts? what do i need to do the complete swap?

A CA18DET is a RB block with 2 cylinders dropped, so the bolt pattern at the rear is supposedly the same, I think that the CA tranny is a FS5W71C which is found in anything from the pathfinder/navara 2wd through the passenger cars with various front halves to fit the different engine patterns. IIRC the FS5W71C is what the RB20DET gets.

Flip side is, This is a Z car forum about the S30 and S130, the Nissan Fairlady, you're talking about the Nissan Silvia S13. The US fellas may call them the 240Z and 240SX and confuse everywhere else with similar numerical names, but the rest of the world knows them by the alphabetical names :D

I'd advise search for a Silvia forum and ask there.

It won't be as strong as a RB25 tranny, but if you aren't going to thrash the pants off it, it ought to survive for a while.

Cant answer on mounts, measure from the rear of the engine forward to the mounts on the CA, and do the same on the RB and see if they are located in the same place, if they are, it's pretty much drop in and go, but if the mounts are located differently, then you'll need to move your mounts.