HybridZ

installing miata seats....

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

i searched, but people only half go into how they installed the seats. i think lone said he had done it. does anyone have a sort of step-by-step methodology? i know it's not difficult, but whenever i try and do something by myself, well, something gets broken. hahahaahhaahahaaha. any help would be appreciated.

also, how about seat belts? not harnesses, but just replacement belt for the annoying lap belt with the shoulder strap that plugs into it...how hard is it to replace those?

Guest Anonymous

I dont know if i did it the hard way or what but i fabbed 8 pieces of 1/4 by 1' by 3' steel and that allowed me to mount the original datsun seat rails on the seats. I dont even know what car the seats were from, but i got them for free and they looked nice, so... It worked for me, but if there is an easier way to do it i would shure like to hear about it.

Guest BadKarmaCreepin

well, i took the rails off the miata seats, so there's just the 4 holes where trhe bolts will go. the holes in the datsun rails from the stock seats are farther apart by about an inch.

so...do i drill a 2nd set of holes in the datsun rail so that i can put the bolts through and into the miata seats, then just put the whole thing back in the car? i didn't check if i needed spacers or not. if so, what kind? rubber ones? thanks.