HybridZ

350 SBC in a Z32 Noob questions

Guest Realslow

Guest Realslow

Alright guys i've got a couple of questions before i start my 350sbc 300zx build. Im pretty much a sbc noob in must aspects so bear with me. I have been looking on the intraweb for sometime to figure out what i need to build a reliable 6500 rpm reving SBC. I am looking for around 400-450 hp to the crank, something i can take to the road course and keep some rpms thru the turns, maybe even take it drifting everyonce in a while. More then likely i will be purchasing a built shortblock and go from there. By the way i am going to be putting this into a Z32 2+2

-Anyone wanna sell me some motor mounts who has already done this before i so i dont have to measure everything..lol

Couple of head/vavletrain/cam questions

-What heads to use?

-What cam to use ?

-Do i need to upgrade to arp headstuds with trying for 400-450

-What Valvetrain to use?

-What clutch to use? brand wise (i know i've had lots of problems with spec clutches)

Once i get thru these problems i know i have many more ahead of me.

-What oil pan will fit the best or how much cutting and

-What headers will clear the steering shaft?(already looked into block huggers but i dont if anyone has tried them yet)

-How much clearance were you getting between the rad and pulleys and did you have enough room for electric fans?

- Any success on clearing the hood with a power steering pump.

- What would you compare the space compared to working to on the vg's