HybridZ

Engine and tranny mount pictures and diagrams

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I would like to start a thread containing all types of pictures and diagrams for engine and tranny mounts for all years of the Z.It would be good if we could place all info in one thread Picture 32 ( web page )of my Yahoo photos contains a diagram I drew for a (MSA) GM 700R4 tranny mount cross member for a 280 ZX.......... Materials: About 16 inches of 1 X 1 1/2 inch X 1/8 or 3/16 inch thick rectangular tubing;abour 5 inches of 3/4 OD pipe with 1/2 inch inside diameter X 2 1/4 inch long for each side. The transmission cross member requires a one inch" hole bored in the bottom approximately 2 1/2 inches on the passenger side leading to a 1/2 inch hole at the top for the GM transminssion mount bolt to pass thru The half inch hole's center would be 2 1/4 inches on the passenger side of the lower top part of the MSA mount.This lower section is 5 1/2 inches on the bottom and 4 1/2 inches on the top....... The distance from center to center of the pipe welded to the 2 upright end pieces that mount to the 280 ZX frame is 10 5/8 inches....... The 2 pieces of the 3/4 inch pipe attached to the top ends of the mount with 1/2 inside diameter X 2 inch is welded flush to the rectangular tubing on the backside of the mount with approximately 3/4 inch extending past the rectangular tubing on the front side..