HybridZ

celica seats... Alittle info for ones thinking about useing

Guest Night_rider_383

Guest Night_rider_383

A few weeks ago I asked about putting diff. seats in my 88 camaro on here, a few of the guys said that third gen camaro seats fits in a z so any seat that fits a z should fit a third gen camaro...

I know I seen a few people talking about the celica seats. So I wanted to pass this info along

I bought a set out of a mid 80's toyota. They are nice, very adjustable, great support.

The tracks are close to 4'' wider than my camaro seats, and not as long. The seat is longer and wider than my camaro seat. Swapping out the tracks won't be easy at all, cause one of the whole sides is made into/on to that side's track rail, and all the parts dealing with letting the back of the seat tilt back or lift up is on it as one pc.

I can make these work in my car by welding plate steel strips about 3'' wide all the way across the front and rear of the tracks, then welding steel tabs about 4'' long on the front sides of the 2 steel strips I welded on, drill a hole in each tab to bolt to floor, then being the seat is so much wider I will have to cut the seat belt roll bolt hole tab thing off the car and re weld about 3'' to the rear of where it was placed oem. If I dont do that then the side of the seat and the handle that makes the seat back go back and forward will hit the seat belt.

(if yall don't know what i'm talking about third gen camaro's has the bottom part of the seat belt with the belt and buckel placed at the edege of the door, even with the rear side of the front seats, stock there's about 2-3'' clearance in between the plastic cover that goes over it and the side of the front seat)

I just wanted to let yall z'ers know in case anyone was thinking about the swap. I don't have a z car so I can't tell you if they will be room or not, but I would think the third gen camaro will be alittle wider and have alittle more room to work with than a z.

If you can get them to fit they are great seats. The driver side has adjustable side bolsters, the bottom back adjusts up and down, the front of the bottom (thighs) will adjust up and down, has side "hip bolsters" (non adjustable) and the whole back will pump up with air, and has 3 buttons to let air out of the top, middle, and bottom of the back