HybridZ

Miata seats - how much did you pay?

Guest DRK

I have been trying to buy a set of miata seats off ebay for a couple of months now. I need a set of black cloth ones. The last set sold were black cloth with the speakers, and they went for $510!!! The first set I bid on, I lost and the winner paid $137.50 I think. The second set I lost, and the winner paid $167.50. I have also seen two sets go for $250. I am curious what everyone has paid for these seats.

Thank you,

Danny

Guest Anonymous

Agree with Bush on sourcing Miata seats at a junkyard rather than e Bay. The shipping from an eBay seller will cost about what a junkyard set of seats will cost. The junk yards in many cases' need business and you can dicker with them on prices. For example on a transmission yoke one yard wanted $35.00 for just a yoke, the next yard a few miles away sold me the whole 1310 Spicer u joint driveshaft with the yoke attached with one good ujoint to boot.

Guest Night_rider_383

Like others said your best bet will be a junkyard. Out here at the close to me yards the going price for seats are fair cond. $30 each, good cond $40 each, great cond. $45-50 each.

No two junkyards will have the same price so shop around. I found a yard about 55 miles away from me that sells seats for $21 each, any cond., any make. That's the place I got my celica seats. They are in real good cond. Black and gray cloth. The top part black was alittle sun fadded, I spent $16 on 2 cans of black cloth dye, and 2 cans of dark red dye. Re dyed the black black, then done the gray in red dye