HybridZ

My NHRA rollbar

240zdan

Opinions and suggestions/criticism GREATLY appreciated as everything is TACK welded together right now and much easier to change now then after paint/welding.

Guys who have built nhra spec bars please do chime in. Everything is .120 wall dom, all platesd are 6x6 1/8 thick

excuse the crappy photos

i havent started on the door bars yet.

IMG_1499.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

this will be a street car that sees the dragstrip on occasion. the rollbar must be nhra legal, and chassis stiffening is a must too

tubing bender is jd squared

mild steel

i will take some more clear photos next time at the shop for more clarification

• 2 weeks later...

First, buy an NHRA rulebook. $15 on ebay. It pretty much spells out what they're looking for. Your rear braces should run from your top bar (above helmet) down to the strut braces lengthwise with the car. If you want diagonals too, that's fine. I can't tell by the pic if you have diagonals from the seat brace (outer ends on bottom) running down to the driveshaft tunnel - welded in with 1/8 plates. Door bar should pass the driver halfway between shoulder and elbow and if you're doing a swing-out bar consult the rulebook - NHRA is very specific on how it can be done.