HybridZ

Photos of my fresh paint Job

Guest 70240z

Looks good/wish it were my car you were painting. BTW-couldnt really tell by the pictures but what color did you use/it didnt quite look silver-but didnt look like a true light lavender/blue mix either(?). The color is very subtle-but noticeable.

The underhood detailing looked pretty thorough also-except it was missing 2 cyl's-just kidding/it looked like a lot of hard work coming to an end....gonna be nice when its all said & done!

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Kyle, are the pics messing with my eyes or did you pick a mauve with a silver base?? I'm not saying it looks bad, I just want to know--what color am I supposed to be looking at?!? Looks like you did the job right and I know you will be proud of the finished product. Hope to see your car in the Bay Area one of these days.

David

Guest Anonymous

Nice looking color, does appear to change color a bit, at least in my monitor. Didn't get a chance to look real long, I tried to back out a page, but for some reason, my computer will lockup on some website pages (both modem lights going, but frozen solid, reboot) Zdriver is one of them, which bums me out. Pretty cool paint though.

Lone

My God that's a big cowl in picture #18! And in picture #26, is it my imagination, or is one of your eyes much larger than the other? This must be after you've put on the first couple of coats. Better look into some improved ventilation! But all is forgiven if the fumes help you think up all sorts of new disco moves, as documented in picture 32. smile.gif

Seriously, that's one GREAT looking car! I never realized that those wheels would polish up that nicely, either. Ever since I saw a friend's freshly-painted 280, I've loved the look of silver done RIGHT on these cars. All the sexy curves (like the ones around the headlight buckets, and at the beltline underneath the quarter windows) get highlighted juuuust right, and the car just seems to glow. In the light of a brilliant sunset, I have no doubt that you'll drop jaws everywhere you go. My car started out being silver, and if I were any good with a spray gun I'd try to repaint it in silver again. But alas, my painting skills suck eggs, so I'll be painting it in idiot-proof black. Good thing I like black anyway, so it's no big loss.

What kind of training did you have before you started laying on this paint, anyway?

And (forgive me if the answer is obvious) how do you keep overspray dust from the last parts that you paint from contaminating the parts that have already been painted and are getting tacky?

Scott Ferguson

1974 260 - yep, it's silver. It just LOOKS like primer. frown.gif