HybridZ

What brake option with Q45 hub

Ok so I need a little help. I'm about to purchase the TTT rear end setup which will allow me to use the Q45 hubs. I had intended to use the AZC Z32 rear brake with this setup but now I am unsure if the caliper will work. Does anyone have any experience with this? I know of a few people using the AZC Z32 rear brake setup but they are using the Z32 hubs. Thanks in advance guys.

I spoke to Dave at AZC and he said they should work. Worse case scenario I'll get Z32TT Hubs as they are the same spline as Q45 and should work with Q45 axles.

Z32TT and Q45 hubs/spline count are the same.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php?/topic/56140-new-cv-joint-diff-conversion-brake-swap-in-the-works/page__view__findpost__p__590040

Yes I know, that's what I said. :) The only thing I'm worried about is how the hub itself will mount to the AZC bracket for the caliper but worse case I'll pick up Z32TT Hubs

Yes I know, that's what I said. :) The only thing I'm worried about is how the hub itself will mount to the AZC bracket for the caliper but worse case I'll pick up Z32TT Hubs

Let me know how you like the TTT rear setup. I'm VERY VERY interested in this setup, but the price is just so damn high after all is said and done.

Let me know how you like the TTT rear setup. I'm VERY VERY interested in this setup, but the price is just so damn high after all is said and done.

I'll be ordering it as soon as I find a pair of Q45 axles that I can send to them. My other options were either the AZC track pak or going with MM stub axles and companion flanges, but TTT seems to be the cheapest route and eliminating the stub axles sounds like a great advantage to me.

I hear ya.

Here’s a link to a Q45 brake upgrade (using OEM Z32 brakes). May not fully answer your question though:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/z32-brake-upgrade-installation-on-a-q45.html

The TTT route is the better way to go IMO. Some have had issues with the MMS route where they required machined end stops to prevent the center shafts from coming through. Also, the Z32TT and Q45 hubs have a higher spline count (31 or 32 spline…I forget) than the 280Z stub axle (27 spline), and are available at the junkyard (where billet 280Z stub axles are $695 at MMS which are still 27 spline). I also like the ability to use the Z32TT/Q45 e-brake function too.

I hear ya.

Here’s a link to a Q45 brake upgrade (using OEM Z32 brakes). May not fully answer your question though:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/z32-brake-upgrade-installation-on-a-q45.html

The TTT route is the better way to go IMO. Some have had issues with the MMS route where they required machined end stops to prevent the center shafts from coming through. Also, the Z32TT and Q45 hubs have a higher spline count (31 or 32 spline…I forget) than the 280Z stub axle (27 spline), and are available at the junkyard (where billet 280Z stub axles are $695 at MMS which are still 27 spline). I also like the ability to use the Z32TT/Q45 e-brake function too.

I know I'm poor, but the upgrade will cost around 1700 for the parts from TTT and then almost another 500 from the JY, so the total is around 2200 and that's a lot to spend on the ability to upgrade the rear end. The only problem I forsee is if you buy this setup, you can no longer use the S13 coilover swap kit that is being designed and tested right now. I seriously was looking forward to that kit, but with the way this TTT setup is made it won't allow you to do this correct?