HybridZ

How would you fix this?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey guys. Looks like I have some metal to pull on my 240Z. I was wondering what the best way to fix this is... The right front corner is pushed down and back about 1". Thanks in advance for any help!

Tim

rightfront1.jpg

rightfront2.jpg

rightfront3.jpg

Two options come to my mind:

1) Roll it in front of a big tree or other immovable object, block the wheels, attach a hand winch to the bent part (also called a come-a-long) and pull it out. If it's not budging, you could make some relief cuts with a cut off tool or a sawzall which could be welded after it's straightened out.

2) If thy metal be bent, cut it out! Tear out the whole front piece on both sides and replace it with some custom fabbed metal. If you're going V8, this would be a great way to relocate the radiator at an angle. Or, if yer going turbo, then you could match the chassis to your IC.

Guest Anonymous

Ouch... There is some bent metal, but I don't have the experience to fab stuff. I'll see what kind of damage I can cause with a come-along... wish me luck!

Thanks!

Tim