HybridZ

Problem with Turbo 350

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I went out driving tonight just to screw around, but something went wrong. My transmission is kinda screwed up. It drives fine in 1st and 2nd, but as soon as I get to 3rd it feels almost like I slam the brakes, then it goes fine for a couple seconds. It just goes on and off as I am driving. I'm hoping its not terminal, because i've had the car less than a week.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not an expert on automatics, but could it be that it has to do with a clogged valve body, or would this just merely keep the tranny from shifting? I dunno what it would be that could almost stop the car! What about the third gear itself? Very weird. Hopefully someone else with appropriate knowledge pipes in. I want to learn about this too. Hope it's an easy fix.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

Quick update, now it drives almost perfectly, but makes a grinding/scraping sound once in a while. Any more ideas? It had a shift kit, but now it doesn't shift into 2nd nearly as hard as it used to. Could the shift kit somehow have broken? i don't know exactly what they are or what they (besides shifting harder).

Thanks