HybridZ

Fenders arrived today

Dan Juday

Just an update for the curious. I purchased a set of front SubtleZ and rear YZ fenders from John Washington for my '73 V8Z. I wanted the width the YZ offers but wanted to use the stock headlight buckets. They won't work with the YZ fronts, no way, we tried.

Those of you who look closely will notice differences in the details of the two designs. The YZ has no body crease line and no lip on the wheel opening. For a small charge, John laid up for me the lips off the SubtleZ rears which I will bond to the YZ rears. Discovered tonight this is not an easy fit. Also I will sand out the crease line in the front fenders, and my body man will take them out of the doors. Should look nice, a more rounded look.

All fiberglass parts require some finishing, but the SubtleZ fenders are very clean. The YZ's are definitely rougher. But the curves of those rears are so sweet, I'm sure it will be worth all the work.

I also acquired from John a LaMans style gas cap (like the ones used on the AC Cobra)and the fiberglass pocket that sets in into the fender.

Anyone considering fenders should look at John’s site http://www.reactionresearch.com/ I highly recommend him. Very friendly, helpful, and professional. Delivery was prompt and he stays in communication with you to let you know where things are in the process.

Dangerous

Dan

I'd say your car will look "Dangerous" when you've laid those flairs on! Sounds like a wicked plan to me--you've taken some great looking pieces and you are making your own Frankenstein. Only it will be beautiful to behold! I really want to see pictures, Dan!!!! I'm happy the parts arrived for you so you can do this before the "rainy" season sets in. How long do you think the bodywork and paint will take you? Hope the glassing goes smoothly (pun) for you icon_smile.gif

Davy