HybridZ

240Z with 205/60-15 with Konig Rewinds

I'm new here so I apologize ahead of time if this has already been answered. I have a 71' 240Z that is 99% stock including the front air dam and suspension. I installed a new set of 15x7 Konig rewinds with 215/60-15's (Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid) and when I cranked the wheel they rubbed (and bent) the front corner of the air dam below the parking lights. They didn't rub by much but I've probably got one more shot with the tire shop before they get upset with me ordering tires that don't fit. Will a 205/60-15's fit without any rubbing issues? I would like to stay with 60's for the ride and to fill up the wheel well a little more. If the 205's don't work I am assuming I will have to drop to 195's? Thanks ahead of time!

I'm new here so I apologize ahead of time if this has already been answered. I have a 71' 240Z that is 99% stock including the front air dam and suspension. I installed a new set of 15x7 Konig rewinds with 215/60-15's (Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grid) and when I cranked the wheel they rubbed (and bent) the front corner of the air dam below the parking lights. They didn't rub by much but I've probably got one more shot with the tire shop before they get upset with me ordering tires that don't fit. Will a 205/60-15's fit without any rubbing issues? I would like to stay with 60's for the ride and to fill up the wheel well a little more. If the 205's don't work I am assuming I will have to drop to 195's? Thanks ahead of time!

I have 205/60-15s on my swastikas, but they have like +10 offset I think. I believe the Rewinds are 0 offset...however I think you'll be fine with 205s.

I'm running 205-60 15 Toyo's on 15x7 0 offset rims. No rubbing whatsoever. I have at least an inch or more of clearance between my front tires and the spoiler. The 205's are a little shorter and narrower than the 215's. I think you'd be happier with 205's than 195's.

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and ordered the 205/60-15. I went with the Bridgestone Pole Position which a lot of people seem to running. I'm hoping to have them on the car in the next day or two. I'll let you know how they work out. Hopefully better than the 215's!

Edited by 71gwd

They should fit perfectly. The 240's sit a little lower than the 280's. I'd like to move up a size or two. I have 3.9 gears with a close ration 5 speed. Taller tires will reduce my RPM's for cruising, and fill up my wheel wells a little bit more.

Be sure to post some pics!