HybridZ

79XZ-GL mirrors on a '73

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I was about to put these mirrors on Ebay but decided to see if the curve of my doors matched the curve on the '79 that these came from. I took the little plastic/rubber piece from the '79GL and layed it against my door(73) and it fit, not perfectly but it fit. What I couldn't see was the angle of the mirror.

Has anyone done this swap and if so were you satisfied with the results? Anyone with pictures of the results.

I have power 83zx mirrors on my 76 I used them because they seemed to work better than any of the other mirrors out there because most of them have a flat mounting surface. I didn't want the stock mirror because they are only available on the drivers side (unless you look overseas) They look ok, although they seem to lean outward a little too much. That is the type of thing you'll only notice if you look really closely at.

Guest Anonymous

The outward lean was exactly what I feared. If you have any pictures I would like to see them.

Even if you don't have pics, thanks for the reply.

I'm not much of a photographer (I don't even own a camera) but I'll see if I can get my hands on my buddies digital camera. I took a few pictures of my Z with it before, however that was just after the car was painted (and about two days before the mirrors went on) icon_rolleyes.gif