HybridZ

adjustable rear wing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If anyone's considering building they're own aluminum wing, check out Ron Forniers book(s) "Sheet metal Handbook" look under hammerforming to create the ribs that the skin will be riveted/Epoxied over. Highly recommended reading.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

I really like that supra airdam. Who has the info on it? If the dimensions are right I can find a way to attach it. VERY interested if someone can help me.

Regarding the Bre type rear spoiler, I bought the one from msa. After installing it, I decided that I hated the looks and tore it off. Too old school and very un-aerodynamic looking imo. I am almost finished with my custom spoiler made from wood and aluminum covered with fiberglass and bonded to the body. Looks pretty good imo, custom yet subtle. Easy to do, and inexpensive too.

If you study any of the new supercars, i.e. Viper, C5 vette, Ferrari Modena, etc.., you will notice that all of these 180 mph + cars have almost no rear spoiler. They probably achieve their downforce from underbody pans and such. One more project on the list...