HybridZ

Installing Eibach Progressive Springs for 240Z

Maybe 260z springs are different from 240z. Did you contact MSA about it?

Some info for others who may search the topic in the future:

Inquired MSA about the part # differences and here is there response(s)

From Garrett at MSA

"Thank you for your email. As far as I am aware, the numbers that Eibach provided for you are the original numbers from when Eibach used to sell them directly. The numbers were updated when we contracted with them to reproduce the springs after Eibach had discontinued the early springs. The 6305.___ numbers are the application numbers, while the other numbers are the Eibach SKU numbers. I am going to verify that this is the case, and, I will let you know for sure once I find out."

From Aaron at MSA

"You did receive the correct springs. The “6305†number designates 240Z and early 260Z. The number ending in 001 designates front and 202 designates rear. The difference in the other numbers might depend on your source. Eibach use to make these springs years ago and then discontinued them. We teamed up with them again to have them remade and now they are exclusive to us. That would probably explain any difference in numbers. As long as it says 6305.140 on the box and the springs start with 6305, you are good."

Maybe a mod should sticky this thread in the FAQ or suspension section there is lots of miss information out there regarding these springs.

Edited by SteveZ

• 3 years later...

I was wondering if anyone can help me here. I just purchased some Eibach Progressive springs and KYB's GR's. The front assembly is on the floor. I installed the struts into the sleeves no problem. Then I put the springs in, no problem. I used the springs with 001 number. I called up the Z store to find out on what side is up, they said that it didn't matter. Attached is some pictures of my situation. These coils have a little bow in it. Is this normal or did I get the wrong struts......help

post-38095-0-60502100-1384579590_thumb.jpg

post-38095-0-06629300-1384579646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zlockbox