HybridZ

Aussie and New Zealand Members that can get new Honda OEM parts

mrcheeze36

Hi All,

Just wanted to check if any Aussie or New Zealand members are able to source new Honda OEM parts.

I wanted to go with the Australian Accord/New Zealand Accord V6 lower trunk lid/lighting (Accord Inspire in Japan) on my daily driver like below as it gives it a better look:

ecology-image.jpg

Here are the part numbers:

Trunk Lid Lower Garnish

74895-TA1-J11ZC

Left and Right Reflectors

34150-TA0-P01

34155-TA0-P01

Here's another pic of just the parts:

DSC00976.jpg

If you can help me out, please let me know.

Regards,

Eric

Edited by mrcheeze36

That looks like the Accord V6 here, not known here as an Inspire,

http://www.honda.co.nz/site/new_cars/accord_v6/images/V6_Accord_2_800x600.jpg

The other one here is the Accord Euro:

http://www.honda.co.nz/site/new_cars/accord_euro/images/desktop_sedan16_800x600.jpg

I can give the honda parts desk in town a fax in the morning with those numbers and see what they say.

Hi there, got an email back from the national honda parts dept:

Hello,

OK

Part number 74895-TA1-J11ZC is priced at $887.63 including GST, and only available from Honda Japan.

Thanks,

Tony.

To:

Date: 15/04/2010 15:24

Subject: revised part number RE: Accord V6 boot parts.

Note: To protect against computer viruses, do not open emails or attachments of unknown content or unknown origin.

Hi there Tony,

I rechecked the email from my friend who is wanting the parts, and I got a 1 mixed with the 0's of the other parts. please recheck with the part number 74895-TA1-J11ZC

Cheers

Rhys

To:

Subject: Re: Accord V6 boot parts.

Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:29:04 +1200

Hello Rhys,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Part number 74895-TA0-J11ZC is not a valid Honda part number.

Please check the part number, or supply me with the vehicle VIN number and i will check the number for you.

Part number 34150-TA0-P01 RH Trunck Lamp is priced at $394.77 including GST and is readily available from Honda NZ in Auckland.

Part number 34155-TA0-P01 LH Trunck Lamp is priced at $394.77 including GST and is only available from Honda Japan on a special airfreight order.

This order would take approximately two weeks to arrive, and includes all freight charges.

Full payment is required in advance, and would not be able to be returned for credit.

Please advise if you wish to purchase any option.

Thank You, and Regards,

Tony.

To:

Date: 15/04/2010 13:06

Subject: Accord V6 boot parts.

Note: To protect against computer viruses, do not open emails or attachments of unknown content or unknown origin.

Hi there

Could you please advise availability and pricing of the following parts for the current model Accord V6:

Trunk lid lower garnish

Part number: 74895-TA0-J11ZC

Left and right reflectors, trunk mounted

Part number: 34150-TA0-P01

Part number: 34155-TA0-P01

Cheers

Rhys

total comes to $1677.17 NZD, or using xe.com, $1198 USD. Thats ex-depot in NZ, if you can get them shipped from japan to the US without passing through NZ, you won't have to deal with the 12.5% GST tax thats included in the quotes, but shipping costs will be different :P

Hope these prices help you, The contact I located in the Honda NZ parts department is tony.baker * honda.co.nz, just switch the * for an @ to send him an email and discuss getting them shipped to the US :D

Cheers

Thanks Rhys! I appreciate you checking into it in NZ. Due to the exchange rate and the shipping cost, I may be better off going through specialty shops in the US.

Hopefully someone from Australia can chime in with pricing, but I'm guessing it'll be similar pricewise.

There was a group buy a few years ago where people were getting all parts for under $400 shipped, but the exchange rate was a little better then and I didn't get an Accord until recently :)

Currently, EDO performance ($485 + shipping...they did the group buy a few years ago) and JZs International ($437 + $75 shipping) are the lowest I can find, but I'll continue searching to see if I can get them cheaper elsewhere.

Thanks again for checking Rhys.

Edited by mrcheeze36