HybridZ

Painting a Friends 280z

Guest skimattybee

As long as you have enough room to get around the entire car, the main issue with spraying in a garage is ventilation, you need to make sure the overspray doesnt stay in the spraying area beacause it will settle on the car and cause the paint to look dull, mainly on the clearcoat. lighting is also a big issue, you need to make sure that you are able to see the entire area that you are painting, it is best to have lights on both sides , front , rear and on top so there are no light and heavy spots, another issue with spraying in an ares that isnt a booth is trash, to keep trash in your paint down to a minimum make sure you line the area with plastic, or at least spray everything down with water to keep any dust from kicking up, another trick is to tack off the surface after you are done spraying all of the basecoat, (make sure it is completely dry)

What kind of stuff should I use to hang up in my garage? I can use my parents 2 car garage for a week or two AT MOST, and I think this would be sufficient enough for me to do the paint, once all my bodywork and priming has been done. How long does it take for the entire paint job if you do it everyday? This is after all the bodywork is done of course. . .

Guest skimattybee

What kind of stuff should I use to hang up in my garage? I can use my parents 2 car garage for a week or two AT MOST, and I think this would be sufficient enough for me to do the paint, once all my bodywork and priming has been done. How long does it take for the entire paint job if you do it everyday? This is after all the bodywork is done of course. . .

you can use like 3 mil plastic drop sheets from home depot, just use a staplegun to hang them up, body work and priming takes the most time, so if all of that is done then painting shouldnt take more than a few hours, one coat of base at a time, dont wait more than an hour between coats, and after 3-4 coats of base, depending on what color you are spraying,( some will take more coats than others to cover) start spraying clear, so probably 1.5 hours of spraying, most of your time is waiting 5-10 mins between coats to dry. let me know if you have any other questions

i forgot to check the paint code, ill check it tomorrow, sorry guys